A significant portion of the City of Buckhannon is within a flood plain. This page provides information, mapping tools and other links that are designed to provide the resident with a good source of information regarding FEMA and local flood requirements. The City also maintains a general packet of information that is free, just ask at the front counter.
Please contact City Hall should you have questions or require assistance.
Call 304-472-1651 or send an email to: firstname.lastname@example.org
- FEMA Map Service Center
- FloodSmart.gov – NFIP Site
- WV Flood Map Tool
- Upshur County Health Department
- Lewis Upshur LEPC
- NOAA Buckhannon River Gauge
- CITY FLOOD MAP
- FEMA Elevation Certificate
- NFIP Summary of Coverage Nov 2012
- Myths & Facts about NFIP
- Buckhannon Flood Ordinance 353
- Food and Water in an Emergency
- Repairing your flooded home (large file)