Buckhannon 2025 Comprehensive Plan
The plan presented here has been accepted by City Council for review as of August 1, 2019.
West Virginia Code §§8A-3-1, et seq.
Comprehensive Plans & Amendments
Steps for City Council
Prospective Timeline for Adoption of Comprehensive Plan Amendment:
- August 1, 2019 – Presentation of the amended Comprehensive Plan by the Planning Commission [Finished]
- August 19, 2019 – Publication of Class 1 Legal Notice of September 19, 2019 Public Hearing
- September 5, 2019 – First reading of an ordinance to adopt the amended Comprehensive Plan
- September 19, 2019 – Public Hearing on the amended Comprehensive Plan
- September 19, 2019 – Second reading and adoption of the ordinance to adopt the amended Comprehensive Plan
Survey: The survey period for the 2025 plan ended on January 31, 2019. The Planning Commission analyzed all responses during the comprehensive planning process. Thank you to all who participated!
Past Comprehensive Plans: