City of Buckhannon Accepting Sealed Bids for One (1) Mechanical Bar Rack
October 21, 2022, BUCKHANNON, WV: The City of Buckhannon Sanitary Board will be accepting sealed bids for one (1) Mechanical Bar Rack. Bids will be received until Thursday, November 17, 2022, at 7:30 AM. Bid specifications appear below. For additional questions, contact Buckhannon City Hall, 70 E Main Street, Buckhannon WV, Mon-Fri 8:30 am to 4:30 pm or call 304-472-1651. All bids shall include a delivery date of the equipment to the City of Buckhannon. The City of Buckhannon reserves the right to reject any and all bids.
ADVERTISEMENT FOR BIDS
BUCKHANNON SANITARY BOARD
MECHANICAL BAR RACK
The Buckhannon Sanitary Board will accept sealed bids for a Mechanical Bar Rack at City Hall at 70 East Main Street, Buckhannon, WV 26201 until 7:30 AM EST on November 17, 2022, at which time all bids which have been received shall be publicly opened and read aloud.
Minimum characteristics of the Mechanical Bar Rack to be provided by this bid are as follows:
- Must have operate within a 2ft (24 inches) channel
- Must treat a channel depth of at least 4ft (48 inches)
- Must be capable of treating a peak flow of 5.0 MDG and average flow of 2.5MGD
- Must provide head loss specifications.
- Bidder will include installation cost with bid. Installation shall not alter existing structure.
- Freeze protection must be included and details of function for freeze protection must be provided.
- Must be compatible with 3 phase, 480 volts electrical connection.
- Discharge chute of at least 10 feet must be available
- Option to add a washer/ compactor in future must be available
- Training of service. Maintenance, and operation must be available to sewer department employees during installation.
Bidder must provide the following items.
- Must provide documented 3 years of reputable sales and service, prior to bid.
- Combined bid price of mechanical bar rack delivered to Buckhannon Sewer Plant. Bid sheet shall include specific identification of the equipment to include: 1) vendor, 2) manufacturer, 3) model, 4) year, and 5) list of special features. Bid sheet is to be signed by an authorized representative of the vendor.
- Availability of mechanical bar rack to include a delivery date if ordered by November 21st, 2022.
- Product literature including basic specifications of the model mechanical bar rack being offered.
- Equipment warranty. Include calendar time, operating time, and components covered by warranty. Warranty must be for a minimum of 2 years.
- Location of and distance from Buckhannon of closest full-service sales, parts, and service center for equipment manufacturer.
- Name, location, and telephone number of 2 customers who have recently purchased a similar piece of equipment.
Bids are to be delivered or sent in a sealed envelope marked, Attention: Ethan Crosten, “Mechanical Bar Rack Bid”. If there are any questions, please call Ethan Crosten at 304-472-5459.
The Buckhannon Sanitary Board shall evaluate bids received based on price, equipment specifications, operator satisfaction, service availability, and references. Buckhannon reserves the right to reject any and all bids and to waive any informalities.