City of Buckhannon Sanitary and Storm Department Accepting Applications for Maintenance Assistant
October 21, 2022, BUCKHANNON, WV: The City of Buckhannon Sanitary and Storm Department is accepting applications for a full-time Maintenance Assistant. Applications will be accepted until 4:00 p.m. on Friday, December 2, 2022.
The full job description and requirements appear below. An application may be obtained at City Hall, 70 E Main Street, Buckhannon WV, Mon-Fri 8:30 am to 4:30 pm, or call 304-472-1651.
The City of Buckhannon is an EEOC employer committed to the principle of equal opportunity for all qualified persons.
City of Buckhannon
The City of Buckhannon’s Sanitary and Storm Department is looking to add a full-time Maintenance Assistant. This department is responsible for the operation, maintenance, and expansion of the City’s sewer and storm water infrastructure. This an excellent opportunity to start a rewarding career and grow your own skills. Job requirements are as follows:
- Title: Maintenance Assistant
- Educational Requirements: High School Diploma or GED
- Ability to lift between 50-100lbs regularly.
- Ability to work in tight spaces and occasionally in unpleasant conditions due to the nature of the work being performed
- Must be able to maintain safety precautions on the job site.
- Must be dependable, punctual, and proactive.
- Must have the capability of working within a team.
- Must have a valid West Virginia driver’s license
- Must pass a Pre-employment drug test and random drug tests
- Preferred Qualifications:
- Journeyman Electrical License highly preferred
- Class 1 wastewater operator licensing is highly preferred or the ability/willingness to obtain
- Experience operating machinery
- Class A CDL
- Job Duties (including but not limited to):
- Complete daily, weekly, and monthly routine checks of equipment and plant facilities
- Maintain sewage lift stations including plumbing, electrical wiring, pumps, valves, property, etc.
- Maintain sewage treatment plant motors, pumps, plumbing, gearboxes, equipment, etc,
- Complete capital improvement projects including adding treatment processes, upgrading treatment processes, improving the property, and site development
- Mow, trim and maintain plant and pump station grounds
- Provide contract support for various projects
- Repair equipment, parts, and buildings as problems arise
- Troubleshoot electrical issues at pump stations, plant facilities, and equipment.
- Occasional weekend, evening, and holiday availability
- Clean and maintain city vehicles, equipment, and tools
- Assist in other jobs and activities are required in the day-to-day operation
- Job Benefits and Compensation:
- Hourly rate of $13- 15.00 per hour depending on the combination of education, skills, and qualifications.
- Full City benefits include insurance, retirement, sick time, and vacation time.
- Annual work boot allowance
- Work clothing provided
- How to apply:
- Visit Buckhannon City Hall at 70 East Main Street, Buckhannon, WV 26201 for an application.
- Complete the Application and return it to City Hall or mail it marked ‘Attention: Buckhannon Sanitary Board’
- Applications are due by Friday, December 2st at 4:00 pm.