Buckhannon Water Board Accepting Applications
May, 25, 2021, BUCKHANNON, WV: The Buckhannon Water Board is accepting applications for a full-time Water Distribution System Laborer. The position may include pipeline construction, and general labor duties associated with water distribution operations. The preferred candidate will have experience working in an outdoor construction type environment. The successful candidate must:
- Possess a valid driver’s license
- Be subject to a background check
- Undergo drug testing
- Be capable of lifting at least 50 pounds, standing, climbing and working in inclement weather.
- Have at least a high school diploma or equivalent.
- Will be required to obtain a meter testing card and cross connection backflow license
- Knowledge of Microsoft Office software.
This full-time position includes health and retirement benefits.
Applications can be obtained at Buckhannon City Hall, 70 E. Main Street, Buckhannon, WV 26201 or by calling 304-472-1651 between the hours of 8:30am-4:30pm Monday-Friday. Applications will be accepted until June 18, 2021.
The City of Buckhannon is an EEOC employer committed to the principle of equal opportunity for all qualified persons, and employs without regard to any individual’s creed, race, color, ethnicity, national origin, religion, gender, age, handicap, familial status, or sexual orientation.