City of Buckhannon Waste Department Accepting Job Applications
November 1, 2022, BUCKHANNON, WV: The City of Buckhannon Waste Collection Department is accepting applications until November 9, 2022, for the following positions:
- One full-time mechanic
- One full-time truck driver
Benefits include health insurance and participation in the Public Employee Retirement System.
- Be 18 years of age or older.
- Possess a valid WV Class A or B commercial driver’s license
- Possess a High School diploma or equivalent.
- Be in good physical condition. This job includes, but is not limited to, lifting up to 50 pounds as well as climbing.
- Willing to work in inclement weather
- Applicants interested in the mechanic position must have experience and knowledge in Vehicle Equipment Diagnostic Software
Eligible candidates will be subject to a background check and drug test.
Hourly rate is dependent on qualifications and skills, with a range of $18.00 to $21.00 per hour.
Applications may be obtained at City Hall, 70 E Main St, Buckhannon WV, Mon-Fri 8:30 am to 4:30 pm or call 304-472-1651.
The City of Buckhannon is an EEOC employer committed to the principle of equal opportunity for all qualified persons.