City of Buckhannon Water Department Accepting Applications For A Water Plant Operator.
August 19, 2021, BUCKHANNON, WV:
- The City of Buckhannon Water Department is accepting applications for a Full-Time Water Plant Operator.
- Pay will be based on experience and qualifications, benefits included.
- The Water Plant Operator will perform a variety of tasks in the operation and maintenance of a water treatment plant and work a rotating shift schedule which includes nights, weekends, and holidays.
- Preference will be given to candidates that possess a WV Water Treatment Plant Operators License.
- High School diploma or GED
- Valid West Virginia driver’s license
- Possess knowledge of computer software including Microsoft Word, excel and data management systems.
- Must be able to lift 50 pounds above shoulder level.
- Must be willing to function in a Team oriented workplace.
If selected for hire, candidate will be subject to a background check, drug test and skills test.
Applicants can pick up an application in person at Buckhannon City Hall, 70 E. Main Street, Buckhannon, WV 26201 between the hours of 8:30am-4:30pm Monday-Friday.
Applications will be accepted until September 10, 2021.
Job Type: Full-time
Pay: $15.00 – $22.00 per hour
The City of Buckhannon is an EEOC employer committed to the principle of equal opportunity for all qualified persons, and employees without regard to any individual’s creed, race, color, ethnicity, national origin, religion, gender, age, handicap, familial status, or sexual orientation.