Help Wanted: A Full-Time Water Plant Operator-In-Training.
July 25, 2022, BUCKHANNON, WV: The City of Buckhannon Water Department is accepting applications for a full-time Water Plant Operator-In-Training.
The Water Plant Operator will perform a variety of tasks in the operation and maintenance of a water treatment plant and work a rotating shift schedule which includes nights, weekends and holidays.
· Preference will be given to candidates that possess a WV Water Treatment Plant Operators License.
· High School diploma or GED
· Valid West Virginia driver’s license
· Possess knowledge of computer software including Microsoft Word, excel and data management systems.
· Must be able to lift 50 pounds above shoulder level.
· Must be willing to function in a Team oriented workplace.
If selected for hire, candidate will be subject to a background check, physical examination, drug test and skills test.
Pay will be based on experience and qualifications, benefits included.
Applications will be accepted until August 26, 2022.
Applications may be obtained at City Hall, 70 E Main St, Buckhannon WV, Monday through Friday from 8:30 AM to 4:30 PM.
The City of Buckhannon is an EEOC employer committed to the principle of equal opportunity for all qualified persons, and employees without regard to any individual’s creed, race, color, ethnicity, national origin, religion, gender, age, handicap, familial status, or sexual orientation.