Job Posting: Water Plant Operator
The City of Buckhannon Water Department will be accepting applications for a Full-Time Water Plant Operator.
Pay will be based on experience and qualifications, benefits included.
The Water Plant Operator will perform a variety of tasks in the operation and maintenance of a water treatment plant and work a rotating shift schedule which includes nights, weekends and holidays.
· Preference will be given to candidates that possess a WV Water Treatment Plant Operators License.
· High School diploma or GED
· Valid West Virginia drivers license
· Possess knowledge of computer software including Microsoft Word, Excel, and data management systems
· Must be able to lift 50 pounds above shoulder level.
· Must be willing to function in a Team-oriented workplace.
If selected for hire, the candidate will be subject to a background check, drug test, and skills test.
The City of Buckhannon is an EEOC employer committed to the principle of equal opportunity for all qualified persons, and employees without regard to any individual’s creed, race, color, ethnicity, national origin, religion, gender, age, handicap, familial status, or sexual orientation.
Applicants can pick up an application in person at Buckhannon City Hall, 70 E. Main Street, Buckhannon, WV 26201 between the hours of 8:30am-4:30pm Monday-Friday.
Applications will be accepted until September 8, 2020.