SYCC Report of Activities for October 2022
November 10, 2022: BUCKHANNON, WV: During the November 3, 2022, Stockert Youth & Community Center Board of Directors meeting, SYCC Director, Debora Brockleman provided this report on the center’s activities for the month of October.
The After School Program is doing great with 97 children registered.
- SYCC averages 50 children attending per day.
- The program currently is on a waitlist.
- We are in the process of recruiting tutors.
- We still offer homework help with our After School Program as needed.
Activities and Events:
- Oct 1st – Buckhannaween
- Oct 18th & 25th – Basketball and Cheer Registrations
- Oct 21st – Haunted House had over 300 in attendance. We received rave reviews for our haunted house. A special shoutout to our staff and volunteers who were awesome.
- Oct 28th – We participated in the Trunk or Treat which hosted over 500 “goblins”
- Nov 2nd – Basketball Coaches meeting
- Nov 12th – Skills Day and last registration for Basketball and Cheer
- Nov 18th – Open Gym and Game Room Night from 6:30 pm – 9:00 pm
- Dec 2nd – Middle School Dance 6:30 pm to 8:30 pm
- Dec 3rd – Drop and Shop Day from 12:00 pm to 4:00 pm
- Dec 10th – Holiday Craft Show from 9:00 am to 4:00 pm
- January 2023 – Games start in March
SYCC Kitchen Project update: We have talked with Scott Owens, and he has agreed to reinstall the gas line in the kitchen and check our current stove and convection oven. After this step is completed, Stout Food Service Company will install the range hood with a fire suppression system. There will be a little demolition needed, but not much other than removing the old cabinets. The timeline for this project is fluid but will move fast once the contractor gives us a bid and we get on his schedule.
Debora Brockleman, Director