The City Of Buckhannon Waste Collection Department Accepting Applications
BUCKHANNON, WV: The City of Buckhannon Waste Collection Department is accepting applications until
DECEMBER 30, 2022 for the following positions:
One full-time mechanic
One full-time truck driver
Benefits include health insurance and participation in the Public Employee Retirement System.
· Be 18 years of age or older
· Driver must possess a valid WV Class A commercial driver license
· Mechanic must possess at least a valid WV Class B commercial driver license
· Possess a High School diploma or equivalent
· Be in good physical condition. This job includes, but is not limited to, lifting up to 50
pounds as well as climbing.
· Willing to work in inclement weather
· Applicants interested in the mechanic position must have experience and knowledge in
Vehicle Equipment Diagnostic Software
Eligible candidates will be subject to a background check and drug test. Hourly rate is dependent on qualifications and skills, with a range of $18.00 to $21.00 per hour.
Applications may be obtained at City Hall, 70 E Main St, Buckhannon WV, Mon-Fri 8:30 am to
4:30 pm or call 304-472-1651.
The City of Buckhannon is an EEOC employer committed to the principle of equal opportunity
for all qualified persons.